Monday, September 29, 2008

Bewilderment


Pardon me but,




What is so odd about daring to be different? I'm sure everyone longs for a moment when they're living outside of their normal selves, or at least the selves that others have pegged them to be. I was brought up outside the box, so I never fit very well into it. Constant criticism about the way I dress and wear my hair became a regular part of my existence. So much so, that I cast it into oblivion with the rest of the banter that I found ridiculous. However, I do understand that there is no such thing as bad publicity, so I'll take it which ever way it comes. But anywho, I don't understand the motives of those who try desperately to pick others apart for their own amusement. Is is really that painful to see someone doing something out of the ordinary? Just think of how translucent this social order would be if some of the most amazing people to ever live would have decided to play it safe. Women would live in a constant state of emergency, without a sanitary method of relieving monthly hemorraging along with a long list of other female must haves. And how would men spend their past-times in the absence of Playstation and recreational sports? This life is all about reinvention and creativity, loving and supporting others of their quest to GREATNESS. What it is not about on the otherhand, is the allure of negavitiy surrounded by prejudice, ignorance, greed and envy. If you're so bent out of shape about others receiving all of the atention, find a way to turn a few heads yourself. Just a suggestion...


As Ever,


Ms. Shu Shu


1 comment:

Don said...

Great suggestion, I think you make very valid and key point during this particular line of thought.

The way this world works; it appears, sadly, that all non-conformist are immediately thrown under the bus.

Not you though.
Stay that way, it's a great way to be. Less stress.